Naomi Symposium





I hosted a Naomi symposium for all my wonderful readers of my book "Song of Naomi." Thirteen fabulous friends attended and I forgot to take a picture of everyone.

One very brave man attended: Aare Onton. I hail his courage and am complimented by his support. Aare and Anu were my Estonian representatives. I can still picture them where they sat.

My best friend Alyssa came to help me frost and sprinkle cookies as party favors - which I forgot to hand out.

This is the second cookie that Naomi gets from the coffee shop that Tauno works at.








These are my and Naomi's to-die-for potstickers. To learn how to make them click here.


I did manage to record our two hour discussion on the book. Aare said there were moments of great philosophy that he enjoyed. Others were involved in a very heated debate on Tauno and how they didn't like how he did something, but another piped up and said it was fun being mad at him. The others, realizing they were doing just that, agreed.


Through the discussion, it was evident that each reader put themselves into the story and took out of it only what made sense to them. You can't write a story and spell out what the reader should feel. If they couldn't feel it on their own through the character, they certainly are not going to want to read about it.








A thick slab of shortbread cookies dipped in orange flavored semi-sweet chocolate. I want one right now. Alyssa dipped all of these for me too. I love her.








Yup, packaged and ready for the few who stayed late. That's when I finally remembered. These sugar cookies are so yummy - I wish you could taste it.








Two views of my table with just a peek of the food written about in my book.


My readers insist that the back of the book must include recipes for every meal Naomi eats. I can do that!


I am indebted to this group of brilliant readers who took the time to help me write a better book. All the feedback was invaluable.








Thank You!!












[This symposium was held in the fall of 2011. This is a repost from my previous blog.]



















































































Comments